Man Utd’s Antony agrees to delay return to training over assault claims:
Manchester United winger Antony has denied allegations of assault made against him by two women. The 22-year-old Brazilian has been placed on a leave of absence by the club while the allegations are investigated.
The first allegation was made by Rayssa de Freitas, who claimed that she was assaulted by Antony and another woman in May 2022. She said that she required hospital treatment for her injuries.
The second allegation was made by Ingrid Lana, who claimed that Antony pressured her into a sexual encounter during a business trip to England the previous year.
Antony has denied both allegations. In a statement, he said: “I categorically deny the allegations made against me. I have never assaulted any woman and I will never do so. I am cooperating fully with the police investigation and I am confident that I will be cleared of these false charges.”
Manchester United have said that they are taking the allegations “very seriously” and that they will “fully support” Antony throughout the investigation.
The allegations have cast a shadow over Antony’s career. He was signed by Manchester United from Ajax in the summer of 2023 for a fee of £85 million. He was expected to be a key player for the club, but his future now hangs in the balance.
The investigation is ongoing and it is not yet clear when it will be concluded. In the meantime, Antony will remain on a leave of absence from Manchester United.
The allegations against Antony have also raised important questions about violence and abuse against women. It is important that these allegations are investigated thoroughly and that justice is served. It is also important to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
The football world will be watching closely to see how this case unfolds. It is a reminder that even the most successful athletes are not immune to allegations of abuse. It is also a reminder of the importance of speaking out against violence and abuse against women.
- The allegations against Antony were first reported by the Brazilian newspaper O Globo.
- The Sao Paulo Civil Police have opened an investigation into the allegations.
- Antony has hired a lawyer to represent him.
- Antony has been suspended from the Brazilian national team pending the outcome of the investigation.
- The allegations have been met with widespread condemnation from the football world.
- Manchester United have said that they will not tolerate violence or abuse against women.
- The investigation is expected to take several months to complete.
- The allegations have also led to calls for a more comprehensive investigation into the issue of violence and abuse against women in the football world.
” Check Out- Neymar Breaks Pele’s Record, Becomes Brazil’s All-Time Leading Scorer “