Manchester United’s Antony Returns to Training After Domestic Abuse Allegations:
Manchester United winger Antony has returned to training after being granted leave of absence to address allegations of domestic abuse made against him.
The 23-year-old spoke to Greater Manchester Police on Thursday and was not arrested or charged. He has denied all allegations.
United have said that Antony will be available for selection while police inquiries proceed. (Fabrizio Ramano)
The allegations against Antony:
The allegations against Antony were first made by his ex-partner, Gabriela Cavallin, in June. She accused him of attacking her “with a headbutt” in a Manchester hotel room on 15 January, leaving her with a cut head that needed treatment from a doctor.
Cavallin also alleges she was punched in the chest, causing damage to a silicone breast implant, which required corrective surgery.
Two further allegations followed when Rayssa de Freitas and Ingrid Lana each claimed Antony assaulted them in 2022, which he denies.
Lana, a 33-year-old banker, claimed in an interview with Brazil’s Record TV that she hit her head when “pushed against a wall” by Antony at his house in Manchester in October last year.
Ten Hag on Antony: “He will return to training on Saturday”.
“We make the statement so I refer to the statement, everything has been made clear in the statement. We will focus on the games. He will do as well”. pic.twitter.com/NhnIq5zmru
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 29, 2023
Antony has denied all allegations and has provided evidence in support of his claims. He has also offered to surrender his mobile phone to police.
In a statement released on social media, Antony said: “I can calmly state that the accusations are false and that the evidence already produced and the other evidence that will be produced demonstrate that I am innocent of the accusations made.”
Manchester United’s position:
United say they will continue to keep the situation under review for as long as police inquiries continue, but feel they are justified in bringing Antony back for training and selection.
The club has said that it condemns acts of violence and abuse and that it recognises the importance of safeguarding all those involved in the situation.
“It is important to note that Antony has not been charged with any crime and that he is presumed innocent until proven guilty,” said domestic abuse expert Sarah Green. “However, it is also important to take all allegations of domestic abuse seriously, and it is encouraging that Manchester United are doing so.”
The allegations against Antony are serious and it is important that they are fully investigated. It is also important to remember that he is innocent until proven guilty.
Manchester United have said that they will continue to keep the situation under review and that they condemn acts of violence and abuse.
- Antony was dropped from Brazil’s squad when the allegations surfaced in June.
- The 23-year-old has missed United’s last four matches.
- Antony is the subject of police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK.
- He has denied all allegations and has not been arrested or charged in either country.
- United have said that Antony will be available for selection while police inquiries proceed.
Impact on Antony’s career:
The allegations against Antony have had a significant impact on his career. He has been dropped from the Brazil squad and has missed four matches for United. If the allegations are proven, it could have a devastating impact on his career.
” Check Out- Victor Osimhen Considers Legal Action Against Napoli After Mocking Video “