Manchester City Signed Jamal Baptiste on Free Transfer after leaving West Ham:
Manchester City have signed 19-year-old English defender Jamal Baptiste on a free transfer from West Ham United. The highly-rated youngster has been with the Hammers since the age of 10, but he opted to leave the club at the end of his contract in search of regular first-team football.
Baptiste is a tall and athletic centre-back who is known for his strong tackling and aerial ability. He is also comfortable on the ball and has a good passing range. The 19-year-old has represented England at youth level, up to the under-19 team, and is seen as a promising prospect for the future.
City have been keen to add to their defensive options this summer, and Baptiste’s arrival is a welcome boost. The club have already signed Erling Haaland and Julian Alvarez in attack, and they are now looking to strengthen their back line.
Baptiste is likely to be loaned out to a Championship club next season in order to gain experience. However, he could be a part of City’s first-team plans in the years to come.
- Goals: 0
- Appearances: 10 (all in the Premier League 2)
- 2020-21 Premier League 2 Player of the Month (April)
- 2020-21 West Ham United U23 Player of the Season
According to Transfermarkt, Manchester City have already signed 4 players this summer:
- Mateo Kovacic (central midfielder, Chelsea)
- Josko Gvardiol (central defender, RB Leipzig)
- Jeremy Doku (left winger, Rennes)
- Matheus Nunes (central midfielder, Wolverhampton Wanderers)
” Check Out- Liverpool agreed £34m deal to sign Ryan Gravenberch from Bayern Munich “